Preparation Time Cook Time
15 minutes 25 minutes
1 tbsp. oil
1 medium white onion, finely chopped
1 clove of garlic crushed
1 red chilli chopped finely
500g beef mince
1 tsp. chilli powder
1 tsp. paprika
400g tin of chopped tomatoes
1 dessert spoon of tomato puree
400g tin of kidney beans
1. Fry the chopped onion in a non stick pan with 1 tbsp. of oil until translucent and softened – approximately 10 minutes.
2. Add the garlic and the chilli and fry for 5 minutes.
3. Add the mince and let it brown over a medium heat, stirring to break up any lumps.
4. Add the chilli powder and paprika.
5. Then add the tin of tomatoes, puree and the drained kidney beans
6. Simmer on a medium/low heat for approximately 20 minutes.
Serve this with the traditional option of rice – I use basmati as it cooks so quickly and tastes lovely. Alternatively serve the chilli with mashed potato, with pitta breads or baked potatoes or even with a lovely green salad.