Preparation Time Cook Time
20 minutes 25 minutes
8 Granny Smith apples (approximately)
Juice 2 lemons
Puff pastry (from the fridge section of the supermarket)
Flour for the work surface
4 tbsp. caster sugar
1. Turn the oven to 180ºC.
2. Grease and line a baking tray.
3. Begin by juicing the lemons into a large bowl and add about 100ml of water - this is to help stop the apples from going brown.
4. Cut each apple into similar sized wedges as neat as you can and place the wedges in the bowl with the lemon juice and water.
5. Roll out the pastry onto a floured work surface large enough to fit your baking tray.
6.Put the pastry on the baking tray liner and then score a little border around the edges about 1 cm in.
7. Put the caster sugar in a pan and heat until melted and golden in colour.
8. Lay the apple slices on the pastry oblong within the scored border overlapping them as you go (see the photo)
9. Then when completed pour over the melted sugar mixture and place the tray in the oven for about 20-25 minutes until the pastry is golden.
10. Leave to cool.
If you have used fresh pastry you can then freeze this either cooked or uncooked and then cook from frozen when you need it.
Serve this hot or cold with vanilla ice cream, custard or cream.