Preparation Time Cook Time
30 minutes 1 hour
4 egg whites
200 g caster sugar
1 tablespoon of strong coffee powder
600 ml double cream
3 tsps. coffee extract
2 tbsp. Baileys Irish Cream
1 tbsp. Kahlua
1 tbsp. icing sugar
1. Beat the egg whites until stiff.
2. Mix the ground coffee with the sugar and gradually add to the egg whites, whisking between each addition – until glossy.
3. Grease and line a 23 x 33 cm baking tray.
4. Spread the meringue on the tray – raising the sides a little.
5. Place in the oven for 1 hour on 150ºc fan.
6. Meanwhile whisk the cream, coffee extract, Baileys, Kahlua, and icing sugar together until thick but not too firm.
7. Once the meringue is cooked, let it cool then spread the cream mixture over the top.
8. Finish with a generous dusting of cocoa powder.
*(coffee beans, crushed and soaked in vodka for 1 week in an airtight jar)